2nd Hand-bound Book

Here’s my second attempt at making a hand-bound book. So far, so good. Both first and second attempts were successful and just needed a little improvement (the second one much much better than the first, of course)… It’s a learning process, I'm slowly getting the hang of it and I'm loving it.
Here are some photos of my second handbound book.




 
I’m going to use this book (and the first one that I made) for the tangle patterns, another hobby I have yet to post about. (Now, you’re starting to see how craft-crazed I am! Haha!)

If I’m not mistaken, this one's called Case Binding. The size of the book is 4.5″ x 5.75″ and 0.5″ thick. The inside pages measure 4.25″ x 5.5″. I used kraft paper for the lining and jute for the cover, two of my favorite materials.

You might want to look at photos of my first hand-bound book… you can find them on my Facebook page (You might want to “Like” it, too… I don’t have many friends there, yet. Shameless plugging here. Haha!), link on the sidebar. :D

P.S. I followed the very detailed instructions by James Darrow which you can find here.

No comments:

Post a Comment