MAD's Alfred E. Neuman



This is Alfred E. Nueman, MAD Magazine’s mascot and cover boy. MAD is a well-known, long-running satirical magazine. It was launched first as a comic before it became a magazine.

I don’t read MAD anymore but I was very fond of it before (I’m thinking of reading it again and, maybe, collecting it, too.) and when I saw this paper toy, I knew I had to make this. Thanks to Elias Silveira for creating the template and sharing it on his flickr account. He also made a Christmas version of the paper toy and I still have to make that one… in time for Christmas this year, maybe?

This fellow’s the biggest paper toy I’ve done so far and he's definitely a favorite! He measures about 10 inches tall including the platform. I love, love, love his “What, me worry?” shirt and I just might get me one exactly like that. Heehee. You can also change his face into one with his tongue sticking out. :P

I’m getting all excited already just thinking about getting the shirt done. I’m also thinking of making a hand-carved rubber stamp version.

No comments:

Post a Comment