10 Days of Heartaches


I joined DyosaImma and Fozzy's 10 Days of Heartaches calligraphy challenge on Instagram and I just want to share my works here, too.

I had a hard time with the very first one because it was a while since I last did calligraphy. One thing I learned from this challenge is that practice really does make perfect. Well, in my case, it's not perfect but I can see the improvements. So, I've decided to practice calligraphy frequently if not everyday. I should at least do the drills, right? Also, I've learned that calligraphy need not be expensive. See, mI don't want to buy expensive inks or paints unless I'm doing this professionally. I just buy Indian ink for black and watercolor and poster paint for colors, including metallic ones like gold and silver, and white.

Here are my works with their corresponding song titles and links to YT videos (so you can listen to them). Click photos to view full size.

Day 1: Because I Miss You by Jung Yong Hwa of CNBLUE


Day 2: Eyes, Nose, Lips cover by Tablo X Taeyang


Day 3: Porcelain by Julia Fordham


Day 4: Tonight I Can Write, a poem by Pablo Neruda read by Andy Garcia


Day 5: Everything You Want by Vertical Horizon


Day 6: Sa Kanya by Agot Isidro


Day 7: Illusion by CNBLUE


Day 8: Tell Me on a Sunday by Marti Webb


Day 9: Foolish Games by Jewel


Day 10: Only One Day by SS501


I hope you'll take the time to check out the songs... they're all really nice, even the non-English ones (Filipino, Korean and Japanese). You can also check out my work on Instagram (link in the sidebar) or search for the hashtag #10DaysofHeartaches to see all the participants' works.

28 comments:

  1. Hi sis!

    I agree, even the non-English songs are good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the challenges and rewards internet throws to you. I had no idea such creative challenges are going around. Good work and very interesting poems..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh such lovely work!!! I wanna learn too now :(
    6th is my favourite...
    I am sure the songs r lovely too...I love CN blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your calligraphy is good! I love the one in Day 2, 3 and 6! My penmanship isn't horrible, but I wish I can do calligraphy too and write in these styles. Anyway, do you have any tips on how one can start on calligraphy? :) Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can check The Flourish Forum and IAMPETH sites. They both have great info about calligraphy and some tutorials, too. :0

      Delete
  5. I like your calligraphy. There's another fellow blogger friend of mine, Pingerrain (Priscilla) who loved calligraphy too! Both of you can really help each other next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Would love to meet a fellow calligrapher... tell her to drop by and say hi. :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful! Now I want to buy a calligraphy pen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is something that I want to learn. I wonder if there are lessons here in PH for it — I'm hoping that we have it. Calligraphy is sooo cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wooow! love all your works :-) just wooow! i wanna join now a calligraphy session

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh... nice calligraphy. You really got the talent for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to learn calligraphy. It will be one of my goals for 2015. I am going to learn lettering and calligraphy. I love that Pablo Neruda poem. I am currently listening to the Vertical Horizon song. Now following you on instagram for calligraphy inspiration. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Want to learn calligraphy but my time won't permit, even my passion in photography. You made yours with ease and it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like your different calligraphy styles. Very well done and lovely poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Calligraphy is a nice activity to learn.. Even I want to learn how to do this, but I guess I need to be more patient in doing this. This is really interesting! I could share this to my students.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know basic calligraphy but your work is just gorgeous. I wish I could learn to make it as good as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! I love how simple and elegant your calligraphy works looked! I mean, okay, I've seen some friends post theirs and it's like they are trying too hard to stand out but yours, it effortlessly stands out :)

    I need to learn this so I can have a better handwriting! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is your regular penmanship as good as your calligraphy? I think you should have a beautiful penmanship first before you can produce elegant calligraphy. Is that so based on your experience?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Day 9 is my regular penmanship except it's messier. Haha.

      Delete
  17. OK, this is really a really though challenge. However, it seems like a really nice one though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! This is really great job! I always tried with calligraphy but never succed in it, you're doing great job! I'll definitely check the instangram too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the one you did in gold! I'm so jealous of your skills, I wish I can also learn calligraphy.

    BTW, in which series did CNBlue use that song again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's from Heartstrings or I've Fallen for You series. :)

      Delete
  20. Time is the best cure..... no more heartaches...

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are a talented calligrapher. I enjoyed the samples you shared. I think it's wonderful that some people are still interested in penmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice works. I hope you can teach me someday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are a talented calligrapher. I love this blog post, surely a great read plus Pablo Neruda is one of my favorite poets.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You really showed your talent here, fantastic post indeed.

    Keep up the good work and all the best.

    ReplyDelete