MTO: Handmade Notebooks

I finally was able to try long-stitch binding or buttonhole binding and, lucky me, I got me a commission work, too, because somebody ordered a few pieces. Yay! I'm liking this process better than coptic binding but I also still need to work on it, of course. I was glad for the order because it made me practice and learn about long-stich binding.

What I like about long-stitch binding is the book lays flat when opened, just like in coptic binding, but the stitching part is less complicated and easier than that of coptic binding. But... preparing the cover is a longer process since the spine is included.

Below are photos of the notebooks together and some detailed shots. (Me thinks the picture of the all the notebooks is pretty...) Click the photos to see a larger view.




P.S. The watermark on the photos is that of my FB store... I just redid it using my own calligraphy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment