Hand-bound Books for My Swap Buddy

I joined an Online Craft Swap her in the Philippines and what we're going to swap are handmade items or craft materials. I think there are at least 10 participants in the swap, 2 of them I personally. Deadline of sending the goodies is tomorrow and I can't wait to find out who got my name and what I'll be receiving.

Right now, I just want to show you what I'll be sending my swap buddy. She mentioned that she likes little notebooks, so, notebooks it is. :D We were asked to post a sneak peek of what we're working on on Instagram a few days ago, so, my buddy already has an idea of what she'll be receiving. She's the swap organizer and she knows I'll be the one sending her some goodies. That's one less mystery for her. Haha. Anyway, here's the sneak peek that I posted:

I made her two personalized hand-bound notebooks, one with a basic Japanese stab binding and the other one with hardcover or case binding. I personalized them by putting her name on the covers. (Yay 'cause I was finally able to use my metal stamps for the first time! Haha!) Here are some photos of the notebooks...





The last photo is with my handwritten letter together with the books. I'm currently trying the Spencerian script and thought this is a great opportunity to practice it. :)

These notebooks are off to the owner tomorrow. I hope she'll like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment