Practice Makes Perfect

Been practicing my calligraphy and I'm trying out different nibs, too. I asked my best friend to buy me some Hunt nibs from the US but she gifted them to me instead. Weeeee! I asked her to get me the Hunt 56, 99 and 101. Thanks much Jing!!!


I'm also trying out the Hunt 103 and the Zebra Comic G nibs. Each nibs has their own characteristics and I've somehow already made peace with them except for the Hunt 99 and 101. The 99 is too soft and either I run out of ink on my first stroke or you can't distinguish between my upstrokes and downstrokes. The 101 I haven't used much, yet, but I can tell it'll take time for me to get used to it, too, just like the 99.

I also have the Zebra Maru nib but I still need to look for a holder for it because it's smaller than the others. I got a couple of Speedball C style nibs, too. Such a hoarder am I, right? Haha!

Want to take a peek at a couple of my practice sheets? Don't laugh, okay? They're a mess!


I think this one's using the Hunt 101 nib and here's another one, a terrible one, using the Hunt 99:


If you'll notice, they're all lines from song lyrics. I'm planning to do a calligraphy a day project and will use mostly song lyrics. Just figuring when's the good day to start and for how long I'll be doing it. A 100 days maybe? I'll do #100daysofcalligraphy instead of #100daysofhappiness. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment