Rediscovering My Roots

Call me old-fashioned but I envy those countries in Asia (or outside) who are still using their own writing system and how I wish my country, the Philippines, still does the same. I know I can describe it in other fancy words but to put it simply, it is cool, don't you think? :D Anyway, it's good to know that there are still Filipinos who are interested in rediscovering our roots by learning our country's ancient writing system which is the Baybayin.

Me, I was able to learn how to read and write Hangul, why not Baybayin? Like what they say... love your own... and the more I should, right? So, yeah, this is what I am doing now. Right now, I'm trying to memorize the characters and familiarizing myself with the strokes. Hopefully soon, I can write Baybayin beautifully, too, just like in calligraphy. Will be doing a lot of reading to.

For starters, here's my name in Baybayin...

 
It reads:
 Baybayin
ng
Buge
(Buge in Baybayin)

I plan to practice using song lyrics, maybe, quotes from famous Filipino personalities (not celebrities), and maybe a few lines from Filipino books. If there's anything you want me to write in Baybayin (Tagalog only, please), just drop me a line. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment